clown fish... read this... kthxby...

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gumbii

by gumbii

okay... so a friend said that he had a pair of true percula clowns so i said... give they to they... so he gave them to me and one of them looked lighter orange and didn't have that much black... actually no black around the inner white stripe... so i figured it's a ocelaris or false whatever... but one of them does look like a true percula... and it's the male... the female is a falce perc... so anyways...

he said that they have had spawned before, but no fry... anyways... if i decide not to keep they, will a smaller sex-less true percula be able to pair up with the male percula clown...??

or should i just give both of they back and get a pair of Mccullochi Clownfish...????

they're so hot and my LFS is going to get a couple of them in soon...

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/DamselPIX/Clownfishes/2.jpg

gumbii

by gumbii

f*ck you guys then... lol...

hope i dont get banned for that comment... lol... bah...

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Gumbii,

From what i understand about clowns - - -i would say get rid of the false and keep the "male" Perc...............then add a couple smaller percs with him ....as the rule goes the larger will turn into the female and the the next in size will be your male and the smallest one or ones if you have more will stay sexles..........from there it's just a nature and and environment thing as to whether or not they will breed

I have three Percs in my tank and the two larger ones kinda stick together and the smallest hovers around the edges of them .............but they are pretty young yet so i haven't seen much more than posturing from them for now.

and Hell yeah those black clowns are SAAAAWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

what do they run $$$$$$ ?

Boss

gumbii

by gumbii

well i has some bad news... and good news...

lol...

the perc died...

it wasn't my water... i don't know WTF happened... but i got my cash back for him at the LFS... he was cool at first, but then the next day he was covered in white stuff... like a film... then the LFS told me to give him a freshwater bath... i did that for about 4 minutes and threw him back in... then the next morning he was deader than a mexican barmitzfah...

so i might either... A... get a shitload of false percula clowns... because they are cheap... and still look pretty pimp... and i can has moar than ones... you know...

or B... get those black a-holes... but i could only get two of they in my tank... they are pimp... but they are pretty baller... the pair will run me aboot 180 dorra... wich i don't mind spending... but dayum... i know that's alot of cash for just two damsel fish...

what do you think...???¿¿¿

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO .....that is a lot of duck to dump on a damsel.............but they are beautiful, i do't know if i'd dump 180 on 2 fish yet but either way clowns rule so have fun

Boss

5 posts