what do you think?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

by schigara

That's cool. You should definitely be seeing a bunch of pods on the rock and sand and on the glass after lighs out. If you have some small rubble rock in the tank, seed the little refugium with a couple pieces from the tank and get enough rubble to fill it up.

Do you have a preference for a particular Leopard?

jav36

by jav36

Macropharyngodon meleagris is the one im looking into

jav36

by jav36

also, if i was to raise copepods in my filter/refrigium how would they be distributed to a leopard wrasse? would i do it by hand or do they slowly get taken into the tank by the filters overflow?

schigara

by schigara

They will make their way into the tank on their own.

Their used to be a debate about wether or not copepods could make it through a pump alive to get from the sump back into the display tank. A lot of people used to think that the pods would get chopped up by the impeller of the pump but the truth is that the housings for the impellers are by no means a tight machine fit. They are actually quite loose.

I have had small hermit crabs and even a couple of tiny fish make it into my overflow and go down the pipe into the sump. And then a few days later would spot them back up in the display tank. They made it through my Mag12 return pump and the two fish didn't even have frayed fins.

snowboss

by snowboss

lol - -talk about stressing a fish.....what a ride, hehehe

what do you think?

15 posts • Page 2 of 2