Thank you for all the Zero's !

10 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lbmash

by lbmash

I have 5 pictures posted on this forum and as this is my first salt water fish tank, I was all excited when I joined and I have been reading the forums and I have found them quite interesting and helpfull. Of the 5 pictures I have posted, I just recieved 5 zeros for a rating. I know that my tank isn't the nicest one on here, but perhaps the person giving me zero's could offer me some advice on how to improve it, or perhaps they are just chicken shit and would rather insult people than help them. Perhaps this person did not read the rating thread that was on here the other day. If my tank truly is a zero, then i am not sure how the rating system works.

amadeo

by amadeo

thats a nice tank and very neat. it looks like it took allot of work to set-up.put some new pictures . oh and i am not the one that gave you the zeroes . i admire your tank. needs more live rocks and remove the fake corals that would really bring it out. good luck

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

while I personally don't care for the fake decor, it's simply a matter of taste..................the tank itself is of some of the highest quality, attention to detail and well planned out to say the very least i have ever seen .................i would have to say if i were to rate this tank a zero it better have a one in front of it....lol..................great job man .......i wish i had the skill that is obviously apparent in your tank to build my in the wall set up ............................zeros vote zero..................imo

Snowboss

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I rate fresh, salt and planted and give everyone at least a worst for just gravel and a heater and a 3 for 1 decor, and most of the salts get 7 because of the color. I have came across that too, a 1 or a 4. I'm like please let me see what they think looks good. The top 10, most of the one's I vote a 10 has a 1300+ ranking. I think the worst tanks come on and vote 0s and 1s.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

hello everyone! this is my first post in this section of the forum and although im a freshwater keeper this topic caught my eye and the very same thing has happened to me a few times...one tip i can offer is to make sure your pic is under the right category...I have given 0 ratings to some that were alright pics but were obviously in the wrong category...like say a picture of a few fake plants in an otherwise empty tank that was posted in the "planted tank" category.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Don't worrry Lee, I had a day when I received at least 10 zeros. Stupid morons. F**k 'em.

lbmash

by lbmash

Hey sonny,
How are you doing, I havent seen you on here in a while ? When you work your ass off on your tank it just gets a little frustrating when some toss pot give you 0's, know what I meen.

dick_headers

by dick_headers

I'm with you my man. I never rate below 5, because I know someone else will do. Personally I don't rate tanks with "fake" ornaments at all, because it would be pretty much prejudice, known I don't like that kind of decoration. On the other side it looks awesome for other people, and there's nothing wrong with that. You have to do what makes you ( and maybe your family members..MAYBE!!:-) happy, that's what makes maintaince so easy. Even if you spend more time than you should.

I just introduce a small spiny oyster again to my tiny nano tank, because I have a serious passion about that creature. Certainly not the most popular and common invertebrate out there, but who cares? I love it, that's all. Actually most people think he's ugly, but I just don't really care. I think their wifes are ugly, so what:-)? They love them, and that's all it matters.

Being busy with my baby daughter, she's a handful beauty.. She loves DT's phytoplankton..Just kidding.

You have a great set up there Lee, an absolutely amazing filtration. Hope one day I'll have a ingplace where I can set up one like yours. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for ya'. I knew those Fritz stuff will do the trick...

Keep working your ass off on your tank, it worth it.

gumbii

by gumbii

i don't understand why you would complain..? i don't get it... is it pride..?? social acceptance...???

your tank is fine... i just don't understand how you could throw in some big angels if the tank was 6 weeks new...

but seriously... is it that important to be in the top 10 or get a high rating... i know it was hard work for you... all nice tanks take a great deal of hard work... but some people don't see it, or don't care... if someone gives you a zero, so be it... you know you have a nice tank, and are satisfied something you put so much time and effort into... just by looking at the setup i could tell that you have alot of passion for the hobby... that's great... but why do you have to be rated so high..? not everyone will like your tank... i know alot of people say my tanks are fail/aids... but it's okay... i love all of my tanks... i decided on everything that went into all of my tanks... no one else...

so take pride in those zero's... they're probably just haters... but if it bothers you that much you're taking this silly website too seriously...

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I'm with Gumbii -- I know it's frustrating, but don't let the ratings get to you. Most people really are morons, just in general. If you want a real assessment of your tank then just come to the forum and ask people to look at it and comment. This is where you'll get real feedback. I think your tank is great, by the way.

Also, how the heck do you know what ratings you are getting? Maybe it's a stupid question, but all I see is my average and my ranking.

Zambize

10 posts