Whoa! I have my first fry. I was unexpectedly expecting.

19 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

my so-called better half keeps threatening me with the oscars!

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

just so u know zambize, they will multiply long after u and i and the rest of these old folks are gone!

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you know the other day when i went to get some shrimp, a little guppy fry got scooped into the bag i mean he was a tiny little thing didnt think he would even make it the car ride home but what do ya know he is about triple his size and doing great...

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

I haven't seen any fry since I leave them alone like Peter said. I see them all pregnant, then over night I will see them and can tell they just dropped a load, but I guess all the fish ate them.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Give your partner the babies in a 10 gallon tank for her to raise, and maybe she will leave you alone about all the tanks. I have the fancy tail guppies, and one mama fish had about 15 babies, and there are about 4 different colors of fins they have, all are purty. They grow real fast and will start mating themselves in about 4 weeks.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I plan to separate the male and female Endlers to stop the endless breeding and so that I can be selective to breed with the best-looking males. Endlers are extremely scarce around here. I can possibly put the rejects in my main tank to feed my larger fish. Also, the lfs will use the drab females as feeders so they won't get tired of them. I'm trying to plan before I have hundreds! Although I guess the separated females may continue to drop for a few months after separation, but I can handle that. I think. But I really need that breeding tank.... Hmmm, suddenly had an idea. If I let my partner *see* some babies get eaten, maybe she'll want to protect them with their own tank. All without any psychobabble.....

Zambize

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Good answer!

thisfish884485

by thisfish884485

Endlers live bearers aka feeder guppies

thisfish884485

by thisfish884485

They are the original guppies and when you cross one with a fancy guppy the fry lose their fanciness

Whoa! I have my first fry. I was unexpectedly expecting.

19 posts • Page 2 of 2