Shark question?

36 posts • Page 3 of 4

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

how old are you... where do you live with parents, apartment, your own house... what kinda of job do you have...how much extra time do you have on your hands... think about all the tings you are better off getting a large hard plastic swimming pool in a basment

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Little said "Whose to say that I dont get a larger tank when he out grows this one?"

Well, you did. Your plan was to return him when he's "too" big. But, if you've thought it through, can do the larger tank (I agree, it would be a swimming pool), and you commit, then cool.

Zambize

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

wow....this has turned into a mini war.....lol.................

Pony....i haven't tried the ice yet, and I have been watching the crab for a while now and there really isn't anywhere he can't get, lol ...i guess in reality he came with the nem so he probably should have it with him ....who am i to say he can't have what he was born with {ut oh, i think i got some zambize on me, LMAO} i think when i do my weekly cleaning this saturday I'm going to put a piece of live rock under the nem and let the crab decide if he wants it or not....if he don't take it in a few days then ill do the ice cube and rock trick.....good thoughts thanks.....

Boss

schigara

by schigara

Keeping sharks and rays should definitely fall into the category of "don't ask, don't tell"

Kinda like asking, "how many tangs can I keep in a 29g tank?"

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

War? Nah. I'm a debator...maybe a master debator. Maybe that didn't come out right. LOL Remember I'm a psychotherapist so I must fully analyze everything. And I'm a therapist because I'm interested in how people think and you have to dig to really find the truth to that.

Master Z

littlej2455

by littlej2455

i dont really see whats the matter with having a shark, if I am going to take care of it. I can understand your points if i was not going to car for it, but I will. I dont think I will need a large swimming pool, because I have gone to numerous sites, and asked many people that are studying aquatics, and all of them say that tis marble cat shark will only get to about 24 inches in the wild, which means that is going to be smaller because it is tank bread. And they also said that you should need about 240 gallon when it is full sized, and 180 gallon being the bare minimum.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

ok it sounds like your doing your research, but in the begining you where talking about a 125 gallon.................

ummmmm, how many tangs can you get in a 29 gallon tank??????

lol.....im kidding

littlej2455

by littlej2455

yeah right now I have a 125 but I am planning on getting a larger one in a couple of years.

Nice!!! haha

littlej2455

by littlej2455

hey. I have new question about a marble cat shark. I just put in the shark this morning with the light off. During the middle of the day the timer for my light turned on. Once this happened the shark started to move some more, and was swimming into my other fish and walls. This shark has plenty of swimming room right now, so i dont think that thats the problem. But i was just wondering if these small sharks usually have bad eye sight?

wuff

by wuff

littlej,

do you see the irony with your profile advice being "You have to be patient and research everything."?

having a tank set up for only a month and planning on sticking a shark in such a small tank breaks both of your pieces of advice.......

Shark question?

36 posts • Page 3 of 4