Clown hosting video.

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

schigara

Clown hosting video.

by schigara

Just wanted to post a vid of my male Maroon Clown that just started hosting in my Pink Palythoa's.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4504&hl=en

About 6 months ago, I made the selfish mistake of wanting my clowns to host an anemone so I bought a Green Bubble Tip and they hosted it right away but the female was very rough with it and killed it and the thing polluted my tank and had to run carbon for about 3 days. I should not have contributed to the removal of another nem from the ocean that a Clown really needed.

Anyways, the clown has been hanging out under a ledge since then with this colony of Paly's 8inches under him. I looked in the tank yesterday and didn't see him in the usual place so I looked closer and saw his head peaking out from the polyps.

They don't seem to be irritated by him but I hope the big female doesn't try to host it as well. She would most likely kill the colony.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

that's awsome man!!!!! ........i have an anemone hermit crab who in the process of switching shells and switching his nem lost it and now it's stuck to the front glass about 8 inches up..........he hovers around under it at times as if he's trying to get it back.....................but.........my clowns are starting to hover around it as if they are trying to figure out how to host something so small, lol ..it's only about the size of a quarter...........

I actually don't like cleaning around it, but don'e want to kill it by trying to move it....any suggestions on how to get it off the glass and then what do i do with it? it really is a cool little thing

Again very cool vid of your baby hosting.....i really need to get something for my 3

Boss

schigara

by schigara

Thanks Boss,

I have heard pointing a powerhead right at the nem will make it want to detach and some would suggest since it is on the glass, using a credit card.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

i heard that you can put an ice cube to the glass and make it cold and it will detach itself from it thats what my lfs guy told me to do

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

interesting ideas...thank guys ..my other concern would be if i did get it to release then i would worry about it getting caught in the filter or skimmer intake or get the crap beat out of it in the current bounceing off rocks

Boss

Clown hosting video.

5 posts