Favorite Plants?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Never-seen-it-before......I-have-heard-that-some-of-the-plants-that-require-high-light-and-co2-are-actually-not-true-water-plants.....I-guess-that-means-that-they'll-grow-in-water-if-given-the-right-conditions,-but-that-they're-terrestrial......Don't-know-if-the-plant-you-have-there-is-one-of-those.....Just-an-idea.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Yeah they're usually noted as 'naturally' emersed or submersed. This plant has very tender stalks, and in general seems like a naturally submersed plant. It's holding color which is a good sign, I guess It'll be awhile before it adjusts to things in the new tank. It was bagged for over 24 hrs. The LFS I purchased them from had a full emersed section, some of which could be partially submersed, or as you say under the right conditions fully submersed, much like something called Mondo grass. You see it at your Olive Garden, your MCD's, your Ruby Tuesdays...but it can pop up in your aquarium too. The mondo in my 5gal looks terrible so that leads me to believe I'm not treating it right. -.- There's also many plants that will only flower when partially submersed.

Favorite Plants?

17 posts • Page 2 of 2