Impressed by my local Petsmart...*ghasp*

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

So today instead of making up some crap about how any fish could be alright for my tank some local petsmart employees: asked me what I had in my tank already, how long it had been established, if i'd been water testing, etc...& informed me to do as much research as possible and keep looking around till I find the best stuff (also recommended some other stores for what i needed) ....im impressed. Someone must have complained. I have a bit more confidence in them now that I know they arent just trying to sell anything to anyone.

Also added another oto to my tank today and everything is getting along swimingly so far. The tank is flourishing and I'm really proud of it. Now I just have to resist the urge to add more fish and overload it. <3 Hearts all around.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I would say that it was probably just that one person, and that he/she must have a few tanks. Make sure he/she is working everytime you go there so you dont have to deal with idiots.

Petsmart is okay here, but I never take advice from one source, I make sure there are multiple sources agreeing. My favorite LPS is Pet Supermarket, they have the best looking cichlid I have seen any where and they aren't sickly looking and they are from $3-$6 cheaper than every where else.

2 posts