I want some reccomendations folks...

12 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

by singapore

So my 55 should be done cycling by the end of the week, my ammonia levels are nearly zero. im thinking a reef isnt for me, dont have the time. so FOWLR is the way im goin. and puffers and triggers are really seeming like something i want. the only problem is, ive heard puffers are really aggressive. i have a longspine urshin, and i dont know if he would much rite through that, and my snails, ive heard people give puffers snails for TREATS?? anyone have a puffer? also, harlequin tusks are sweet looking fish, any experience anyone?

also, and reccomendations for fish would be great, any fish with good personality, that dont get too huge.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

My six line wrasse is awesome.......small fish.......not aggresive, GREAT personality. Swims in and out of rock work constantly.

singapore

by singapore

yeah, 6lines are great little fish...so long as they dont jump out of your tank the one nite you forget to close the lid...and then find it in the morning, still and dry on the floor...poor little guy

fihsboy

by fihsboy

.....I guess I need a lid. lol I havent had anything at all over my tank since i bought it nothing has escaped on me yet.........

singapore

by singapore

well last time i didnt put the lid on, the cat helped itself to some fresh fish. a yellowtail damsel and a 3stripe damsel...gone...

i shuda learned

fihsboy

by fihsboy

haha I dont have cats.....though my curious german shepard likes to watch my tank, its kinda cool. :)

jweb1369

by jweb1369

Look at my pics, my Jack Russel tries to attack my fish.

To answer your question, I would say trigs and puffers would probably eat snails, hermits, crabs, and urchins. Their mouths and teeth are made for crushing shells. I wouldn't go with them. Get a few clowns, an angel or maybe a tang. Or you could go with a lionfish and feed it live fish =)

singapore

by singapore

yeah i had thought about lions...can u train them to eat frozen silversides or frozen squid? i wanted to get a wartskin angler to, and i know you can train them to eat frozen food.

jweb1369

by jweb1369

I'm sure they eat whatever kinda stuff, they just gotta be hungry enough... I would definately do research on them though.

singapore

by singapore

are lions okay with clowns, damsels, and eels?

12 posts • Page 1 of 2