mysis shrimp good or bad?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

I went to the fish store and I bought some mysis shrimp. I then had to make some unexpected stops on the way home and I guess they took a little longer than I was expecting. Well to make a long story short when I got home all of the mysis shrimps were no longer frozen but were still at a cool temperature. So i tried to add water to the shrimp packets to help freeze them again from the lost water that defrosted. Is this food still safe to feed my fish?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I dont see why not.......As long as they are kicken.......only one way to find out. Throw em in. nah just kidding, put them in a hospital tank and see if they hatch right.....if they look okay and are clinging on to algae, then your problem is solved! if not.........discard them. Plus if you run a small 5 gallon with some algae and mysis.......you could raise them to feed all the time and have fresh mysis

littlej2455

by littlej2455

the mysis were already frozen when i got them. they were in the package. i was wondering if it was okay if i froze them again after being totally defrosted.

singapore

by singapore

same thing happened to me, they are fine so long as they arent warm.

littlej2455

by littlej2455

alright thanks man,

5 posts