naso

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

naso

by jav36

how long could a naso tang live in a 75 gallon reef?

schigara

by schigara

Until it died........................Just kidding! A Naso is a very very large Tang. I'd say you could probably keep one for about 2 years before it got to the size where it would really need a larger tank.

My LFS just recently put a full grown 18" long Naso in the L shaped 400g tank and it barely has room to swim. It is currently for sale since the 8 foot long tank is not even big enough for it.

jav36

by jav36

woaah thats a big fish... im hoping to find a juvi. so i can keep him for as long as possible. when he reaches around 5-6" it will probably be time to take him back.. right?

schigara

by schigara

Yeah and he's thick too. He's got to be about 3" thick!

I dunno. Even at Juvi to medium, they are big swimmers. You kinda just have to gauge it by the individual fish. When he starts looking miserable, he will need to go to a bigger home.

It's a good thing there's no Tang Police on this forum cause they'd club you over the head for even thinking about this. hahaha

jav36

by jav36

hahaha i know but i just love the personality of this fish... i was planning on getting a hippo tang with him but i heard they arent very hardy and are one of the most active tangs

snowboss

by snowboss

pssssst......in 2 yrs time i will have a 500 - 650gallon plywood tank up and established.......we can do a G-14 classified transfer then ....lol

Boss

naso

6 posts