hmm...this is odd

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

singapore

hmm...this is odd

by singapore

yesterday i underwent the agonizing process of relocating one of my tanks in my house. it is only a 10 gal so it wasnt too hard, but teidious none the less. i took out all the rock, and most of my fish and inverts, except my 6line wrasse and my eel. so as i carried the tank down the stairs with about an inch of water in it, just to the 2 fish in there could breathe, i noticed my 6line was reacting very poorly to the streess. once downstairs, i replaced the water, and everything else. an hour or so later, the wrasse was on the bottom, covered in somesort of mucus. like, a huge bubble all around him. i thought it was trapped under there or something, so i pulled it off of him, and he was just fine. then again this morning, he had a slightly smaller mucus membrane on him. Im pretty sure that he himself is secreting this stuff,. both times, he was laying onn the bottom, and both times i cleaned it off him, he happily swam away to the safety of his cave.

has anyone else observed this behavior? if so, what is this all about? is it a sign of bad health?

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Wow........that is kinda awkward. What color was the mucus?

singapore

by singapore

clear-white. it was like a big bubble case all around hime. hes completely fine now, but its happened a few times n the past

littlej2455

by littlej2455

yeah i have the same problem with mine a while back and it covered him up one night and I couldnt even find him. He was lying under a rock and died. So i guess it is bad health or something.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

It almost sounds like marine velvet extreme

hmm...this is odd

5 posts