?!?!?!?? help

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

?!?!?!?? help

by jav36

alrigghht guys so i only have 1 fish in my 30 and im lookin into getting a lion.. im not concerned about it eating anything but im not sure if i have enough space. i could most likely fit a dwarf lion in the tank but i heard that they can be shy and delicate so i was thinking of a very small volitan lion. could i keep it in there for maybe a year then exchange it?

also, is it alright if i can leave my dead flame angels body in the aquarium.. he passed today and is under all of my rockwork :( i can barely see him and most of his body is eaten by inverts.. how bad would it pollute my water? could i leave it so i dont have to take apart my rock ?

littlej2455

by littlej2455

An adult volitan lionfish should have a 50 gallon tank. So if you really wanted the fish that bad, I guess you could go for it. But first do you have a lot of rock? You need to make sure that your tank isnt too cluttered with a lot of rock. The dead flame angel might raise your nitrate or nitrite. (I have heard stores about that) I would try to get him out if it wont destroy anything.

jav36

by jav36

yeah i dont think i have enough space... ill probably end up giving the dwarf a shot, would you go with a dwarf fuzzy or dwarf zebra? which is more active and hardy?

thanks for the help

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Im pretty sure lionfish are not reef safe. I saw you had some corals in there......Keep up on your research though, they are gorgeous fish.

jav36

by jav36

yeah they leave the corals alone but they will eat shrimp and other inverts with no shell but fortunetly i dont have any

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Cool beans. Bigger tank? Then you could hold as many fish as you want. Check craigslist and ebay..........killer deals on there......I just bought a full 40 gallon cube with custom stand and wet/dry for 75 dollars.........yes..........75 dollars........with the light. Bigger is better in salt water. Then you can hold what you want. I have a 29 until the 40 cycles. :)

jav36

by jav36

true.. i do need a bigger tank
ive been thinking of setting up a 67 gallon and getting it off glasscages.com. 190$ seems like a good deal.
im hoping i can siphon out all my water in my tank into buckets then just add it to the new tank so i dont have to cycle again but this wont happen for atleast a few months

?!?!?!?? help

7 posts