hi im new

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Joseph4306

hi im new

by Joseph4306

hi everyone. im new to this site. I dont own a fish tank yet. Im planning on getting one though. I've never delt with freshwater or saltwater. so im new into this game entirely. anyways im planning on getting a deluxe 12g nano cube. any advice would be appreciated.

stavy

by stavy

nano cubes are awesome they have everything built in basically the only thing i have to tell you that in such a small cube watch the size of the fish your going to buy, fully wait for the live rocks to cure. ( check levels every week until ammonia is at 0), and make sure the lighting is good enough for anything your planning on growing, coral anemones etc. and most of all HAVE FUN

joseph

by joseph

awesome thanks. does the nano cube come with the meters to check the ammonia level? or do i need to buy a kit to check all that. like nitrate and nitro and what not? and also how do i know when my tank is cured? i dont wanna just dump a fish in there just to watch it die. hahaha. oh and any pretty good live sand recommendations on a newbie tank set up?

Stavy4209

by Stavy4209

for a tank that small any live sand will do being that the biological system in the tank will rapidly help cure the sand as fast as possible, as for the ammonia, nitrates, and NITRITES. their is a separate kit for checking the levels, and if your doing coral's you should look for a calcium check too. the live rock should take about a month to cure being that ur not putting more than 24 pounds of rock in it so it will cure fast. when all your levels are perfect the rock should be cured, the water will stop smelling like eggs and plants and bugs will start to grow all around including your sand. then put a couple of fish that u like and your done with the start of your tank haha.

Joseph4306

by Joseph4306

thanks stavy for all your help. im soo excited. hahhaha. i cant wait to get started. all i need to do now is just shop around for the best price for my deluxe 12g nano cube jbj.

hi im new

5 posts