sick fish

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

t0mm

sick fish

by t0mm

hello guy
i have few tetras who are acting weird. its stomach is shrunk and the back is like a hunchback.
i have read from the internet that its scoliosis which causes hunchback. but non of them mentioned anything about the stomach been shrunk or flat. it keeps on swimming in a weird way too.
so if you guys could help me out in this i would really appreciate it.

1 tetra and zebra already died and there are 2 acting like that now.

thank you

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

If other fish are dying it probably isn't scoliosis. The flattened stomachs may be because they've been sick and therefore aren't eating or aren't eating much.

Need to know lots of things though....how old is this tank? Is it cycled? What are your water parameters? Have you tested the water in the last day or two? What size is the tank and what type and number of fish are in there? How did you add the fish, all at once, a few at a time, a species at a time? Where did you get the fish? Is anyone fighting in the tank? Etc....

Zambize

t0mm

by t0mm

i did a huge water change this Wednesday. Took out all the plants and moved to my 78L tank.
Actually this tank is about 25L i moved all the fishes in my 78L to this tank so that i can do the aquascaping in the 78L tank.
what I did this Wednesday was removed all the plants in 25L tank and took out all the fishes without scales and i got 2 pairs of cherry shrimps. i moved them to another small quarantine tank. Did a huge water change in 25L tank, Its currently working on under gravel Filter so added another small sponge filter too. Added Blue Care medication. i have stopped feeding them flakes and started giving them worm cubes and Spirulina tablets crushed. I found 1 tetra with eyes pooped out. had to let him go. :(
i think these 2 days there is progress because they started moving properly.

dawgtrain

by dawgtrain

I have a serpea tetra that has been swimming upwards for almost a week he also does circles I do not now what is up with this sounds almost the same i have not noticed a flat stomach. should it be removed? I also do water changes weekly I also had a fish a few weeks ago with popeye. my water tests clear for amonia and nitrate...confusing I am still learning wish I could help you but we have similar problem

sick fish

4 posts