I'm an addict!!!

41 posts • Page 1 of 5

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

aquaman80

I'm an addict!!!

by aquaman80

I'm getting addicted to this hobby...this is all I think about...day and night...is this normal?

This is embarrassing, but I need some feedback good or bad (preferably, bad comment so I can improve it).

This is my tank...still a work in progress...

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/19787

gumbii

by gumbii

do what i did... save up a ton of cash and take out an equity house loan... then build three 7,000 gallon ponds, a 25,000 gallon pond and setup ten 100g tanks and a couple of other miscellanious tanks around your house too...

then come back and talk to us... lol...

aquaman80

by aquaman80

i have bad credit...I can't even get approve at a pay-day loan center...

isn't 10 100g tanks too much???

i'll try it though...down the road...

then, i'll contact you...

snowboss

by snowboss

I'm researching a dive suit that i can live in then i can just silicon the windows in the house and fill it up with salt water ...LMAO

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I think it's a nice tank for a start. I'd get another peice of wood and put each to each side. I'd also get some Java moss and tie it to wood as well.

t0mm

by t0mm

aquaman80: dont worry this Addiction is normal in this hobby. right guys? ,, ,
if you cant spend alot just move from stage to stage.

snowboss

by snowboss

PK-you-got-a-new-keyboard!!!!!!!!

good to see man ........................lol

as far as addiction goes, remember that a crack addict didn't start with a 400 dollar a day habit................he started with a bottle of beer at a party and worked his way up.......i know i know not a good example but the consept is the same - - -start small ....and you have a good start....and just feed the habit as you can ......and soon enough you'll be in AA with the rest of us {Aqueriums Anonomous}

LOL welcome to addiction !!!!!!!!!!

Boss

t0mm

by t0mm

snowboss: thats a good one.heheh

for me i started from a goldfish in a bowl. then moved to a small tank... then moved to DIY tanks and DIY filters etc etc ... hehe

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Speaking from my professional life, addictions have a life cycle, and people using drugs are asked to decide where they fall in the life cycle.

Recreational Use >>> Abuse >>> Addiction

Recreational Use = doesn't interfere with normal functioning, or cause social, work, relationship, or financial problems, etc. There is no significant risk taking, etc.

Abuse = using sometimes causes the problems listed above, other people may be concerned about you, significant risks are taken such as driving drunk (or bringing home a new 75 gallon tank), consequences are occurring.

Addiction = making deals with yourself, such as if I don't drink during the week I can party on the weekend, (or if I buy some supplies on sale I can buy a bunch of fish for that 75 gallon tank). User often can't function day to day without drug (or fish) of choice, prefers drug of choice over social, work, or personal commitments, often finances are depleted, and user is often unable to stop even when faced with serious legal consequences such as the drunk who has 3 DUIs and is facing jail next time but he still drives drunk. (Or continuing to bring fish stuff home as your wife is moving everything you own onto the driveway.)

Hi, my name is Zambize, and I'm an addict.

I passed Recreational Stage in about 1 month, zoomed well into Abuse Stage in a couple of weeks, and 6 months later I'm near the end of Abuse Stage and showing definite signs of ADDICTION. Augh!

Zambize,
Master Therapist

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Sounds like a case for Nancy Grace!

I'm an addict!!!

41 posts • Page 1 of 5