build a stand?

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

build a stand?

by fihsboy

Okay, so having a 29 gallon tank is hard. You cant find lights, or stands. I am now looking for stand, but I think I might just build one. Anyone have any suggestions?

snowboss

by snowboss

is it a standard 29? - - -if so it's the same dimensions as a 20 long {only taller} i have a 20 long and serial32 has a 29 standard and we have the same stands - -Walmart 69.95 - -it's a pretty decent stand, nothing fancy, if you have the ability, i'd build one..........i didn't have the time or i would have built one for mine - -i did build the hood though -i set the current light fixture down into the hood so it's smooth across the top - - -makes for a nice place to do my testing and such plus it covers the filter and skimmer - -any 30" fistures should fit your tank

Boss

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Well I have been looking around at fixtures.....and I think i might take a chance with a generic lighting fixture. As far as the stand goes, I have it on a simple 30 gallon stand now, But I would like to hide my sump/refugium. Pics are coming soon, I just want to finiish my sump and refugium. Plus it would hide the water noise a little. I was thinking pine would do just fine to build it with, maybe 3/4ths an inch and solid 4x4s in each corner and 2x4s across the top with bracing. Sounds like a lot but I want it nice and sturdy.

snowboss

by snowboss

lol..........always overbuild man.............that's pretty cheap peace of mind IMO

build a stand?

4 posts