German Blue Ram -- experience?

9 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Does anyone have experience with this fish? I'm thinking of adding one to a peaceful community tank that includes a Dwarf Gourami, Dwarf Rainbow, Angel Ram, a few Platy, a few Oto, and several Cardinals.

Thanks,
Zambize

gumbii

by gumbii

i do... just don't pay that much cash for they... the last time i got some i got 10 of them... they were Mikrogeophagus ramirezi species... pretty cool guys... i've never seen them fight before...

i also had the balloon type... but i don't think those guys could breed, so i gave them away really quick...

zambize

by zambize

Thanks Gum, how do you think they'd do in smaller numbers? Like 3 or 4 at the most?

Zambize

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

you know i was thinking of getting a few of these for my tank too, they look amazing

gumbii

by gumbii

they'll do fine Z... they're not agressive at all from what i've seen...

zambize

by zambize

GUMBIIIII :)

I've going to stick with the fish I have but choose one and add 2-3 more of that species to round out my tank. The largest single fish in my tank to choose from would be a Dwarf Rainbowfish, a Dwarf Gourami, or an Angel Ram. I'm told the Angel Ram is a topic because it isn't clear exactly what species it is. The lfs told me (I know) that it is a Ramirezi.

So in your opinion is there a best choice among them to add 2-3 more of that particular species and leave the other two as singles?

Other than them I have 9 Cardinal Tetras, 3 Otocinclus, 3 Blue Platy. My tank is 37 gallons.

I appreciate you taking the time to consider my problems! I'm tired of making rookie mistakes and making my inhabitants (and me) miserable. I just want a reasonably peaceful tank....

Zambize

gumbii

by gumbii

well... i don't like having single species of fish in a comunity tank... but if you think it will work do it... but i would rather get 2-3 of each...

zambize

by zambize

I completely agree. I made a mistake in getting these individual fish, but I'm trying to work with it as best as I can at this point. I've got the 3 of them and the damn things won't die. :) I'd love to get 2-3 of each but my tank isn't big enough.

Any creative solutions for my fish quandry? (I know, wrap 'em in a towel and put 'em in my trunk.) I don't want to return any to the lfs without first trying because this was my mistake and not theirs.

Zambize

gumbii

by gumbii

lol... i have a good/bad habit of keeping all of the bags the fish come in... under my tanks it's all cluttered up, but worth it when i have to get rid of a small fish for some reason... either back to the LFS/breeder, or to a friends/customer's tank...

9 posts