light help

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gotnohaylo

light help

by gotnohaylo

ok if u saw the other thred iam building my own setup 125 gallon aqurium.......i wonted to know what type of lights should i go for if i wonted lps corals frogspwn plopys and shrooms .....my lfs told me to go with 4 power compact lights 96 watt each i need some info

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i think those lights would be fine .if you want that glitter in the water and maximize coral growth mh 150 watts or 250 wat bulbs{ i was more in to propagation } i do like the power compacs because the color is almost unreal but in my opinon from experince those bulbs need to be changed every 6 months and they are not that cheap mh bulbs are good for almost a year or better so with this info i hope you can choose what you want ! let me know how you make ot and good luck!!!

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

very helpful .......ive read people talk ***it of pc in thereeftank.com any ways i will go with thows becouse i can get them on e bay for 13 dollors each.....so what will be in thir 4 96 watt powercompacts 2 whites 2 blues .......may be ill update later with some t5hos when the tank is fully stocked up and then ill update it...

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

very helpful .......ive read people talk ***it of pc in thereeftank.com any ways i will go with thows becouse i can get them on e bay for 13 dollors each.....so what will be in thir 4 96 watt powercompacts 2 whites 2 blues .......may be ill update later with some t5hos when the tank is fully stocked up and then ill update it...

light help

4 posts