fiji live rock?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

angus4481

fiji live rock?

by angus4481

i know everyone here has at least 1 piece of fiji liverock in their tank, whats the deal? fiji is the cheapest rock out there(by comparison), but if you invest in some mashall island rock or carribean rock, you get much better colors. right now i have a bright yellow and orange peice of carribean, and a few rocks from marshall island that grow red and bright green algea. idk.... in my opinion the fiji rock is dull and borring. if my cam could produce a nice pic id put it on my profile, but my cam wont pick it up. sorry to sound like an a$$hole...... its probably the only thing you can get for liverock. i just know i have 5 differrent types of LR, and i never hear anyone talk about different types of LR. does anyone else have different LR?

EDUB1152

by EDUB1152

Maby, not all people can afford mashall island rock or carribean rock!!

did you think about that??

angus4481

by angus4481

ya i thought bout that, i didnt mean to affend anyone, sorry if i affended you edub. usualy its only a few cent more than fiji, i just never really hear bout other peeps experiences with the different types. and i know some of the people on here have alot of money to splerge on their tank, and i know some dont, im a person who doesnt myself. i was just wondering

angus4481

by angus4481

plus, i had to travel 150 mi to chi-town to get the other types

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i think people starting salt tanks as a rule............ look at the fish they want first, then the tank, then the filter, then they find out they need better lights, better filter a skimmer, christ a sump, test kit, substrate, 10 different foods a heater, salt mix, trace elements AAAAAAAAAA and live rock???????? lol

so they get online real quick and guess what.................FIJI is the most available - -must be the industry standard right? but i agree, even though i have fiji in my tank, i would love to have tonga branch but availabilty and cost were a factor on this tank ................so for the next one which is a tall 65 gallon I will use the tonga branch because I'll have the height for it..............my 20 long is only 12 inches deep but 30 inches long

Boss

angus4481

by angus4481

how big of peices you looking for? i have my lfs lookin for 4ft branches, they have 1 just waiting for me, but i want 4. i should find out how much it is to send you a few peices

snowboss

by snowboss

holy crap 4 footers? that would be awsome....but i think it's a lil on the big side for me in this tank........whats a 4 foot piece cost? the 65 is 30 inches tall....so if i could get ahold of 2 -3 25 inch pieces and then fill in with different rock at the bottom - -id be interested...............thanks for the offer bud maybe we'll do something - - im still waiting on the Pimp to take a vacation and bring me the 65

Boss

fiji live rock?

7 posts