new 125 gallon tank help!!

8 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

i been building my stand for my tank and a top. wonce its painted i will start on filtrashion ! this is some thing i dont know about with bigger tanks would like to hear info on ideas if any one knows web sites on that ?? i have to pool filters that i had on a 3000 gallon pool i need info ???? dont know what to do when i get to thAt point !!!

amkelly

by amkelly

go to your local fish store and ask them about buying a sump. have them explain to you what it does how it works so you dont get screwed. if all else fails buy two hang out filters that are good for the size of your tank

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

yea acople months after i ve gotten smarter and have a 55 gallon sump i made my self ~!~ will post picz when its up and runing

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

are you going to have a overflow? i hade a filter bag +carbon +dick boyeds chemipure and a g2 skimmer. my water was clean all the time.just like the ocean. how hard is it to clean those pool filtrers.

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

i dident use that crap its still hear thow i used 2 mag drive 12s one for the returns an one for the closed loop system ........i also made rock lifts .......... and iam building my overflow tower wateing on the thick glass i ordered should come out sweet .........i got a skimmer to they say its crap but i have a smaller one of the same brand in my 37 gallon reef seaclone 100 and i got the 150 for this tank were talking about any how the 100 in my 37 gallon is strate pulls out gunk like a pro .........

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i dont think they are crap but a pain in the ass. i hade seclone ,prizem, and coral life and finaly the g2 it is a beast esey to clean quite and no bubbles larege colection cup after cleaning it will collect scum right away. did you build your tank already?? if you have the money i would have some one drill the tank .no power heads is always nice

gotnohaylo

by gotnohaylo

not up and runing yet ive taken my time 5 months allready lol.......stand is dont and its a perl very pretty !! 55 gallon sump and chambers ready skimmers ready no plumming yet ......i got my glass for the over flow in the works ..... i got my plans to build the top and lighting planed but still taken my time ....... its the fist job i ever did all......... buy my self o and yuh my holes are drilled for the closed loop and my hole cuz it is one overflow is drilled 2 and how i wish i could get it up quicker full time job full time father to 3 kids .....just need some time ill have it up soon !!!

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

taking your time is the best thing to do. when i set my tank up i let it run for 6 moths with only live rock. and another 3 months with live sand . my tank was full of critters {lots of food for the corals. also by waiting my rocks were encrusted in pink purple and red algae . i heard some one on this fourm say be prepared to lose alot of live stock>> buulllll shittt> take your time and read alot of books . if you can spare 40 bucks you should pick up a book called book of coral propagation by anthony calfo>> good book. he explains every thing in detail. his tanks where so controled he did not have to scrape his glass for three years in natural sunlight.

8 posts