Poor fishies...

3 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

spraky1413

Poor fishies...

by spraky1413

Went to the lfs to get a plant for my tank. They just got a new shipment of fish in. most of the tanks had 3-4 dead fish in them. I mentioned it to a staff member an he said that when they arrive at the store, some of the fish are dead, but they don't remove them until they're settled into the new tank (dead fish and all). Can't be good for them. some of the fish were pretty badly decayed, others were very obviously diseased. Worst conditions I've ever seen there; usually they are so good.

Sad day =(

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I went to a store and saw the same thing. It's their day to receive livestock and I saw one of the employees going around to all of the tanks collecting the dead ones. It seems like there should be a better way to do this.

Z

spraky1413

by spraky1413

You would think they would remove the dead ones asap, especially with the water cycling through all of the tanks the way they do. Some have already been (for lack of a better term, and also because i couldn't help myself with the pun) "swimming with the fishes" for a while and exposed to the ammonia. At least they advised a couple from buying a fish from a section where they didn't look so hot.

Poor fishies...

3 posts