LIGHTS

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

SALTYB6344

LIGHTS

by SALTYB6344

HI Every1 im new here and i have a question.. i just finished my cycle some time ago i have live rock in my tank and fish but i am planing on adding corals in my 56gal tank but my tank is odd it is as long as a 29gal and it is very deep it is hard to find the right hood with the right watts. HOW MANY WATTS WILL I NEED 4 A 56GAL TANK?? i an having trouble finding the right hood i tried ebay i need a hood that is 30long and with lots of watts any ideas were i can find that...

fihsboy

by fihsboy

Depends on what you want to keep. If you want corals that or completly photosenthetic (sp?) you will need (want) 5-6 watts per gallon. I am in the same dilema as you, I have a 29 gallon tank yes I know small, that has 130 watts of light. Its enough to hold simple corals but the big stuff I want, not a chance. Your not going to find a hood thats 30 inches long.......trust me........ive looked for about 2 months.Not pre made at least. The web site www.glasscages.com has hoods that will fit that or they will make it............and they are really good quality. 56 gal tank..... thats 30 inches long? That sounds interesting as well. ebay has the generic brand........which I am still unsure about. its 305 watts in a 30" fixture. Sounds great........but I cant vouch because I dont know.

LIGHTS

2 posts