Generic Lighting

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

fihsboy

Generic Lighting

by fihsboy

I have been looking everywhere for a decent light fixture for my 29 gallon reef tank. I have around ten corals all love light and I am running 130 watt power compact. I have been looking at a light fixture on ebay that is a 305 watt, it has a 175 metal halide and two power compacts, which Im pretty sure I could do a ton with. The only problem i have found with this light is its generic brand. Do any of you have any experience with these, or have any suggestions? by the way.......its only 190 with shipping.

angus4481

by angus4481

you should try making a fixture,in the past month ive built 2 different ones. wiring and buildin the fixture was quite easy, but i suggest having someone help. most ballasts have the wiring directions when you buy it, but you should talk to an electrician if you dont know what ur doin. an electrician wont charge much to wire one either. imo.... most lights are overpriced for their cheap plastic outer shell.

fihsboy

by fihsboy

I have been thinking about doing that as well. I am a full time student and work full time as well, soo any money that can be saved would be great! I have talked to a few people that have these fixtures, through ebay, and they all seem histatic about the purchase they made.I looked at building my own, and I could almost just buy one made for the same cost. I guess I can just make a leap of faith?

Generic Lighting

3 posts