I hate people with no conscious

15 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

amadeo

by amadeo

Today I went to the LFS , wanting to buy a small amount of cleaning crew for my tank that after 2 months of preparing , cycling and 3 blue damsels.I thought it would be nice for some cleaners in there . and i would leave the tank as is for a couple of months before thinking of adding anything else.

I entered the store and I found boxes on the floor full of bags of fishes . I naturally thought the store has just gotten new shipment of fish . I was wrong . This rich lady was standing near the glass tanks and picking out every beautiful fish she can find.

I was furious. first of all even if her tank was well established you just cant take 30 + fish and cram them in all at once. And she didnt look she knew what she was doing . and the fckn clerk was only happy to cash in . so i went to her and told her that if you place all these fish at once they will die. she smiled and said no im used to them dying and every couple of months i buy some new ones . i wanted to strangle her . there were all these beautiful angel fish,tangs , mandarin ,Invertebrates in their bags waiting to be slaughtered .

I told her don't you think its cruel for these animals to be punished . I left the store really ready to hurt some one. i only imagined that this happened everyday . WTF

snowboss

by snowboss

very sad my friend................unfortunately many LFS out there are like that, i have 3 in my area that I don't go to anymore because of bad advice, bad supplies, bad care of fish, etc etc etc......................its a sad day when i can get a healthy fish from California in a box to NY and can't get one 8 miles up the road..................Serial32 and I have threatened to open our own LFS shop and only sell to the peope we want to and know will care for the fish................sorry to hear about your expierience bud, Boss

snowboss

by snowboss

oh yeah ................lets see them try that crap with a fuzzy kitten or a puppy

amadeo

by amadeo

exactly just because there small doesn't mean they aren't going to suffer. I may be going overboard here but sometimes i even try not to step on ants when im walking. The only animal i dont care for . i DESPISE, are cockroaches . Damn it if i see one, its going down . ill squash it with anything near me . mostly slippers or shoes. splatter its guts all over the place i don't care and god forbid one walks on me. gives me the jitters. but for the lady i hope she gets the same treatment someday she gave her little gilled pets.

EDUB1152

by EDUB1152

whats the LFS?

a1k8t31524

by a1k8t31524

Local Fish Store

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

or Live Fish Supplier

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Amadeo,

All I can say is i am a firm believer in Karma - - and i feel really bad for this lady........lol

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Maybe she'll come back as a Betta fish or goldfish at PetsMart.

It happens to puppies and kittens, too. Only 1 in 10 animals remains with its original adoptive family, and the average age of turn-in is 1-2 years old (they're big and not cute anymore). And 50% of all animals turned in are euthanized. National averages.

On a lighter note, I rescued a Dwarf Blue Neon Gourami from PetsMart today. Now, we'll see if it lives.

Zambize

schigara

by schigara

I hate people that have no love or passion for the "pets" they keep. The ones that just want something cute and then lose interest once that pet gets older and what is perceived to be less than cute.

I have always had cats and after my cat died that I got in 1989 died a couple years ago, I went to the pound and a scraggly looking grey tabby caught my eye because of his blue eyes. I went back for a few days and got to know the cats there and that grey tabby was always the one that was the most loving and happy to see me.

I signed on the dotted line and took that grey tabby home. I named him Franky and he has been the best cat I have ever had. He is very sensitive and actually acts more like a dog than any dog I ever had.

He knows his name and comes when called. He loves nothing more than to sit in my arms and be stroked. After getting fixed, he has gone to about 16lbs and is on a strict diet but not a fat cat, just very big and muscular.

The most amazing thing is he is very considerate. He is fully clawed and I never clip his claws and he seems to know what his claws can do. When he kneeds, he never extends his claws. He will slowly climb up my leg when I am sitting to get in my lap and he will pull himself up using just the pads of his feet.

In the past month, he has taken a liking to rubber bands. he actually fetches like a dog. I will be sitting on the couch and he'll bring me the big rubber band and I'll throw it across the room and he will run and get it and run back and jump on the couch and drop it right next to me. This sometimes goes on for hours and he never gets tired of it. I have to hide the rubber band now because he will drive me crazy with the thing!

When I go to sleep, he either curls around my head or lays between my legs with his head on my butt(dangerous place to be).

I am about as passionate about my fish and just can't relate to someone that would buy that many fish at one time. Maybe and hopefully they are just ignorant and not malicious,

15 posts • Page 1 of 2