zero's for ratings

13 posts • Page 1 of 2

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

snookfishin85

zero's for ratings

by snookfishin85

Why do people give zero's all the time I put alot of time into this tank and granted it's not the nicest tank up and the plants aren't real. "I've had my run with real plants and cichlids before and I just got tired of the mess but I still think it's worth more than a zero who else has these problems and maybe some insite as to why people do it

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Some people either just don't know how to rate the pictures or are jealous of your tank. I personally think it looks very nice.
They may also pick one small thing out that they don't like and instead of contacting you on how to make it look better they will just give a zero.

Ignorance if you ask me.

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

Some people probably just troll the damn ratings and give everything 0's to make their own tanks look better..Wouldn't really surprise me.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

Yep, I think the same. I worked hard on my tank as well, and it is rated down there with my overstocked 30 gallon tank all because of the cat in the picture. That picture with the cat has a higher rating than my tank. Might have to add him to my pic. ;)

Serial324556

by Serial324556

Put him in the tank and the pic will be number 1! haha just kidding but that would be a funny picture.

My cousin had a cat when I was younger that loved water, he would hop in the shower with her and she could bathe him in the sink and he would love it.

Sumthing_Fishy

by Sumthing_Fishy

lol, he is sorta kiddish. I do see paw prints in the tub where he is licking the dripping water. He never drinks water from his bowl, but dripping shower water. I would just like to earn a decent ranking like the rest instead of some moron voting a bunch of zeros or 1s etc.

snookfishin85

by snookfishin85

My cat jumps on the tub when I am bathing my daugher puts her front paws in the water and drinks the soapy water she loves it but if my daughter drips water on her back she freaks. I think these douch bags are just trying to make there tanks better even though i don't think its gona make much difference unless they sit there and go through 1000 of them who has that kinda time anyways

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Snook-

I liked T's idea that maybe people give 0's to improve their own tank's average. I hadn't thought of that. I like your tank and would rate it a 6-7, just based on what I *personally* like to see. Most tanks I give a 5. Maybe some people don't like it being in "planted" tanks since the description says it's 50/50. That wouldn't negatively affect my rating for it though. My tank is fully artificial and is around #23 right now, go figure.

I also agree with the "trolling" idea. No telling what freaks are up cruising this site all hours of the night. :)

I think if you want a really good idea of your tank's appeal (and ideas for improvement) then post such a request in the forum and forget the general ratings. I don't think they mean much, unless your tank is doing well. LOL

Z

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Doesn't-your-rating-say-"better-than-57%-of-tanks-in-this-category"?

I-think-your-tank-is-very-nice......I-think-many-people-in-the-planted-tank-category-like-the-plants-to-almost-completely-fill-the-tank.......Mine-has-plants-but-it's-mostly-open-space,-which-is-probably-why-I-don't-have-very-high-ratings-either.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Hmmm, I agree with Peter that many planted tank people (and even some fake tank people) like for the tank to be full of plants. I'm assuming that's because it replicates a natural environment. It's hard to tell, but don't sweat it, your tank looks nice and people here agree. And it's only the opinion of those in the forum that matters. :o) LOL

Z

zero's for ratings

13 posts • Page 1 of 2