Herbivores???

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

littlej2455

Herbivores???

by littlej2455

Hey, i was planing on getting a few fish in my tank. Most of the fish however are Herbivores. I have read that most of them will eat vegetables and algae. I was wondering, what is a good way to prepare the vegetables, like lettuce? What other kind of vegetables will they eat? i am planing on getting a foxface rabbitfish, purple tang, powder blue tang, naso tang, and a blue tang.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

best to stick to fish veggies, an occasional treat of lettuce or whatever is fine..... there are some good prep foods like seaweed salad and such, you could go to your local grocery and get the wraps they use for sushi ............its a lot cheaper than an LFS and the same thing [kelp/seaweed]

Boss

littlej2455

by littlej2455

oh ok so you can actually go to the grocery store and get the seaweed that they use for sushi? Do you have to rinse them off in water first? or how do you serve it to the fish? Chop it up?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i personally don't have any fish that would eat it, a friend of mine gets it from Price Chopper {our local grocery} it comes in sheets {like paper sized} and he tears off a piece like 2x4 inches and puts it in a veggie clip....the fish tear it up......lol - -it's like 4 bucks for 5-8 sheets

Boss

Herbivores???

4 posts