Baby Star Fish

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Joey836222

Baby Star Fish

by Joey836222

hi there i am new to this stuff and was wondering how a baby star fish could have got into my tank. And also can i have a yellow and a regal tang in a 48x18x22. Thanks

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

Joey,

The starfish was probably a "hitch hiker" on you live rock...........as far as tangs go, one yellow in your 55 usgal would be ok.......personally i think you would be pushing one regal in there and definately not more than one......a minimum 75-100 us gallon tank would be needed for that, plus remember tangs are a big fish and they could look "silly" if the rest of your tank isn't set up asthetically for larger decore and larger fish ...........he would look like a giant in a tiny world, lol

Beautiful set up you have there ...good luck and welcome !!!!!!

Snowboss

Joey836222

by Joey836222

Thanks, when do you think i could be putting some corals in, i only have 2 T8's (power glo and marine glo)

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

i would strongly suggest some stronger lighting..........and i would also suggest at least 6 months of successfull maturity on the tank before adding corals...........try and read anything from Schigara and Saltwaterpimp.................as well as other I just follow these guys posts pretty regular and trust their advise....the Pimp has saved my tank twice, lol

Boss

schigara

by schigara

Snowboss is right on with his suggestions.

The only thing I would suggest differently would be the Tang. I know a few people that keep small-medium Yellow's in 55g's but full grown Yellow's are a bit big.

A Bristletooth like a Flame Fin Tomini Tang would be better suited to the 55.

Like Snowboss said, the Regal will quickly get wayyyyy too big a 55.

Baby Star Fish

5 posts