Cloudy Water Cleared

2 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

noholdem

Cloudy Water Cleared

by noholdem

I posted several days ago about my newly set up plant tank being cloudy. I got some really good responces to it and I want to thank everyone who helped.

This is an update on my tank. Three days ago, faster than the cloud appeared, it cleared out. My tank is crystal clear from the front to back and side to side. I did NOTHING to this tank. I woke up one morning, turned on the lights and BAM, it was clear.

On day one, I held my breath all day hoping it would last and it did. Day two I was still holding my breath and it held up once again. We are starting day three today and so far so good. The tank is fantastic without the cloud blocking my view. I am so thrilled but I will continue hoping and praying the cloud stays away.

What in the world could have caused this cloud to appear over night and then disappear over night 3-4 weeks later? I am very puzzled by this. I hope someone can give me a reason that this has happened.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

A cloud like that is usually a bacterial cloud, which comes in newer tanks when the load on the biological system causes more bacterial colonies to form without sufficient nutrients for them to handle. So introducing too many fish, or overfeeding, or anything that adds more waste than your system can handle for the moment will cause the suprlus of bacteria in the water column, but once it adjusts itself, it usually disappears just as fast. Glad to hear your patience paid off :)

Cloudy Water Cleared

2 posts