Even plants dont like it

4 posts

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ChristinaBug2890

Even plants dont like it

by ChristinaBug2890

So i dug up an old fish bowl out of the junk in my basement and turned it into a mini-greenhouse. The plants died. Maybe i'll try something else. Hen's and chickens might look nice in there...(the plants not the actual animals...) Any other suggestions?

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

How big is it?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LOL Bug..........hens and chickens .....thats an old school plant you don't hear of much anymore....my great grandmother loved them ........she had a cast iron kettle with them in it and they were crazy.....so maybe the iron was a good thing.......might want to put some extra minerals in the soil for em ...and let them grow at the top of the bowel as they seem to like the air raher than down in the bowl .....i remember nanas actually sending "chicks" over the side of the kettle and into the ground during the summer months while it was outside....very cool plants

Boss

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I turned one of those stupid Betta vases into an actual vase. I put layers of different colored substrate in it and then put a big flower right in the middle. We've got these cool flowers growing in the yard that are big and they last in a vase with minimal water for about 2 weeks. They are so big it only takes one flower. People always comment on it if I have one out.

Even filling such a bowl with various colors, sizes, textures of substrate would be nice. Some layers flat, others at an angle, some thick, some thin...it would look very artistic....and no maintenance! And hey, maybe a dorsal fin sticking out of the top....that would be funny.

Zambize

Even plants dont like it

4 posts