has any one tried this

14 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

has any one tried this

by Deltasigpony3648

http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/SaltwaterMustHave.htm

has any one tried this thing and what is it?

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

interesting piece of equipment.......i wonder if it works?? if it does what it says...it might clear up my diatom algae issues...........i think i'll watch this post for a while before i run out and get one though.....seems to be a UV sterilizer with a deionizer of some sort in it as well....if that the case they must be pretty cheap units for that price ....a good UV will start in the 150 - 200 dollar range for a 25-55 gallon tank

Boss

Tmercier834747

by Tmercier834747

why...hello there victoria...how you doin'? -.- sorry [end thread jack by saltwater noob]

lbmash

by lbmash

I purchased one of these about a month ago, They work ! The first thing i noticed is that my skimmer started making this thick shit that was quite impressive. I dont understand how they work but it did change the molecules in my water and i could see the dif. in my skimmer. Also, the water running thru my 1" drains seam to run quieter,

Lee

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

cool Lee......ill be doing some more reseach for sure.............hows the tank comin along? been a while since you posted, i know we were kinda concrned about the amount of fish you had so soon...they all doing good? any other new toys for the system? lol .......Snowboss

lbmash

by lbmash

Hey Boss, hows it going with the brown stuff ? The tank is doing awsome ! I cycled it with Fritz turbo start and then aded the eco aqualizer, all perams are were they should be and have not lost a single fish, except a couple that i gave a fresh water dip to and then realized the temp was about 20 degs. to cold. Oh well, didnt really like those two anyway. You will probably shit, but I am up to 46 fish at the moment;
15 blue green damsels
5 yellow tail damsels
1 emperer angle
1 flame angle
1 foxface rabbitfish
1 spotted rabbitfish
1 dog faced puffer
1 harlequin tusk ( I think he has gone blind )
1 clown trigger
1 picasso trigger
2 blue hippo tangs
3 yellow tangs
2 powder blue tangs
1 unicorn tang
3 sailfin tangs
1 hardwicke wrasse
1 sunset wrasse
1 sixline wrasse
1 maroon clown
1 flame hawkfish
1 longnosed hawkfish
and 1 spotted hawkfish

I started out to just get a fish tank, This F_ _ king hobby !

Talk to you later Boss, good luck with the brown!

Lee

angus4481

by angus4481

damn......got money?lol. its good to hear the good news on ur tank, since ur last few posts.

lbmash

by lbmash

Hey, thanks Angus,
I think its cheaper to run the strip clubs than it is to get into this hobby lol.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

LMAO...i gave up a bad sports car habit to do this......i'm down to one car now and now a couple jeeps to play with ............but i love the salt ...........congrats on the success, it's an awsome set up you have there....my wife and I are in the process of building a house and I have a 65 planned for the liveing room wall and a 485 gallon {approx size} custom plywood tank planned for my office in the basement..................still cheaper than the last autocross 944.....lol

So you like the eco auquafier eh? did you see a huge difference or is it just doing good maintinence on your water?

The brown stuff was gone until just the last day or two..... but i'm thinking after i just added 22 lbs of live rock {20 gallon tank already with 40 lbs of live sand} it just needs a couple days to adjust..................i re timed my 10K lights so they are only running 2 hrs in the morning and 3 hours at night ......so i don't generate diatoms.........................Snowboss

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

jeeze that is by far the cleanest tank set up i have ever seen um do you wanna tell me if you did that your self or someone come in and do it

has any one tried this

14 posts • Page 1 of 2