flatworm problum!!!

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

lionlord3502

flatworm problum!!!

by lionlord3502

ok i got a high agretion saltwater reef tank. has 3 7 inch lion fish a 4 inch beta a 5 inch clown grouper and a 14 inch dragon eel. other then the alge problum in fighting right know i find my tank is loded with little flat worms and ideas on how i can git rid of them with out spending tons of mony on fish that will be eaten or striping down my tank? plz help me.

funnelpond

by funnelpond

I used to have hundreds of em when i got into the hooby,Any way i bought a copperband butterfly just because i liked the fish .After a couple months i hardly ever see a worm anymore ,Isee him under the moon lights carefully watching the crushed coral on the bottom of the tank for movement and every now and then he will pick at the crused coral ,Iassume he is eating the worms.I also have a six line wrasse which im told will eat them also.You can also get alot of them with a water change when you suck em up with your siphon.Like i said i had hundreds of em when i turned off the lights in the night time they would all come out,Now i have trouble trying to find any,So with a combination of the 3 things listed above it should help.

Funnelpond

holyscoly

by holyscoly

well i uesd saliferts flatworm exit with success u have to follow directions to the dot the chemical is safe what can kill your coral is when the flatworms die they release a toxin to your water column that can wipe out your tank if u only see a few now u might have a few hundred and now is the time to act do not wait till the population grows cause thats when u can get in trouble dose the tank and run heavy carbon after the dose oh yeah if u see any try siphoning out as much as possible. goodluck also do a 20% water change after the dose i personally just ran carbon iand i was ok but the directions tell u to do a wc.

lionlord3502

by lionlord3502

ok the fish you listed would become food in my tank and second i thoght about flatworm exit but to do that id have to destroy the entir tank yes there are 1000s of them every were. there is no larger inverts that eat them? i dont know iv read somewere to that thay will go away after some time to. are thay going to hert any of m corals that is my biggest worry.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

why would you have to destroy your entire tank??

flatworm problum!!!

5 posts