Problems with Highest rated tanks.

32 posts • Page 3 of 4

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

im locked in a metaphotical closet. my parents are catholic nut jobs who want me to become a nun. no joke. I was never a bad kid cuz I didnt know it was an option.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

A lot of people who experienced the 60's and who had parents who forced them to go to Catholic school and such went the other way and turned into Wickens and pagans. I liked the group I was with (where I was one of the young ones) even though it had it's issues that eventually brought it down. They weren't into spells and weird black stuff like that. The idea was to have self responsibility and be responsible for ourselves, even though most of us couldn't deal with the non monogamous part of it.

OK I'll probably get some resentment for this, but some church goers I've met, and that goes for a number of religions, are not very spiritually wise. PS I also know some who are wonderfully considerate and thoughtful believers and do happily live their truths, and they truly do shine with wisdom, it's just not the majority in my experience. I guess with some people either their rules are too restrictive that they can't possibly live them, or they think that because they'll be forgiven that it gives them licence to be as bad as they want without feeling bad about it. I think the worst thing is to feel that you aren't allowed to question or discuss rationally your faith. You can't grow in wisdom and understanding if you're not allowed to question and prove for yourself that what you've been taught is right or wrong. To just let yourself be programmed without thinking about why you feel as you do, to not have ownership of your opinions, gained by hard contemplation, is dangerous in my opinion.
Last edited by Peterkarig3210 on Mon May 05, 2008 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

no resentment from me Peterkarig. I'v experienced those too-restrictive-rules first hand for 18 years. I was just increadibly lucky to have gained other influences in my life and I dont think like my parents do.

addition after reading previous post about snakes.

I'v been bit 3 times by 2 different snakes (a 7 foot python and twice by a small boa) and STILL love them.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

EEEKS. I changed it a little cause I'd rather have friends than press buttons.

Christina! Bitten 3 times!!!! I guess snakes like you or not!

I think the fact that you're still talking to me says a lot to me. I think there was some guy once who didn't like how things were going in the church of his time and he got rather emotional about it. I have a little bit of passion about some things and I use that part of the history of that somone to justify it.

Just cause some cult of men (mostly men) says it's so and can't be corrupted dosen't mean you have to believe them, even if everyone else wants to recite their words verbatum. Mankind is corruptible, and anything under the control of mankind is corruptible, especially if there's numbers of people involved, and power that can be derived from them.

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

Right on the money about the "men" thing.

Oh goodness Peterkarig you've got my brain on overload again. lol
Last edited by ChristinaBug2890 on Mon May 05, 2008 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I know what'll get the topic back to one that's kosher.

I haven't washed in 2 days! Is there anyone out there who purposely doesn't wash sometimes so they can smell their own funk? If only the women in my life were more like this. I used to date hippie chicks with armpits that smelled like ganga. Seriously, this one woman smelled like the kindest skunky bud. Amazing!

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Hehehehehe didn't aim that one at you Christina. Just thought I was getting too morbid. I'm sure we'd have things to talk about but maybe in a different forum?

I just saw a picture of Pollock roe, or I guess Caviar,......... in the sack the fish used to hold it in it's body I think! It was being auctioned for a lot of money.

Caviar is NASTY!!!!

ChristinaBug2890

by ChristinaBug2890

hmm well...ew. lol actually....from a green perspective you are conserving alot of water. lets all do our part. No more showers.

(oops posted too late...)

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

I have a large Elaphant ear plant in the fountain on my balcony. I just started topping it off with the water from my tanks when I do water changes because aquarium water is supposed to be good for houseplants. The trunk is about 8 inches wide so this year I think the leaves will get really huge. I have fish in the fountain for mosquitos and fertiliser kills them, so aquarium water should be perfect. There's mosquito fish and they're pretty tough, but when I used a little fertiliser it killed them once.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

About tanks being misidentified...I think it's easy to do that by accident. I accidentally posted my tank as "planted" and didn't even realize what that meant, if I even really noticed the label. I'm new, hell, my fake plants are planted, how else would they stay down?!

Snow...I am the Lizard King!

Zambize

Problems with Highest rated tanks.

32 posts • Page 3 of 4