mushroom delemia

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

john90009

mushroom delemia

by john90009

Ok heres the problem I have this nice soccer ball size piece of flat live rock that iv been saving clean to have a nice sps mother colony grow on, the problem is that the mushrooms with thier mind of its own drifted in holes on the flat rock and now i have 3 mushrooms growing outta the flat rock, they are in the holes reacing out so its not like i can chissel away the mushroom so how can i get it outta there and if theres no other way how do i kill it without killing other coral? I did not wanto kill it but it will kill my sps when they grow all over it.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

if you cant get to the foot of the shrooms to pull them off try a razor blade
make a slice from the mouth to the edge in one slice all the way thrugh the shroom . in a few weeks the shroom should move away from the cut if you have more ?s post em also shrooms will detach there foot if they dont like the current or light. do you already have the sps already? you could invert the rock or lean it on the glass so they dont get that much light they wil stretch for the light and mabie detatch or move out of the hole
i hope this makes sence...beer is good..
good luck bud

makavelithedon963941

by makavelithedon963941

i have this same problem with alot of different corals, any one know the best way to remove an anemone from a rock, i want to get rid of my condy but hes planted himself in a little groove and i cannot get his ass out, am i gonna have to get rid of him and his rock?

mushroom delemia

3 posts