Biotope Tanks

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

What is your favourite area?

African
17%
Asian
No votes
South American
67%
European
No votes
Australian
No votes
North American
17%

Total votes : 6

GoldfishQueen4137

Biotope Tanks

by GoldfishQueen4137

I have recently become interested in planted tanks, especially biotopes.
Does anyone have any 'all out' biotope tanks, plants, fish, the whole nine yards?
Also, I would like to see a few websites about biotope tanks.

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

my tank would not be a typical biotope tank, however i try to keep it setup as natural looking as possible, i have mostly discus and cory cats and south american fish in my tank, however i do have a few oddballs that i just enjoy, it's hard to stick to just one area when you find that something that is neat from another area may get along just fine in your tank with the setup, haven't done much research on biotopiary tanks, however i am sure if you searched around enough you will find them. personally i like a mix of plants that have diff colors, if you are sticking to one area do as much reading as possible on the area that you are going to recreate in your tank, and what is compatible with what ever else you want. i absolutely love the biodiversity of my tank and i wouldn't change it for anything in the world... well a few million bucks to have as spare change but you get the idea.
just a warning once you start buying lights and plants and substrate and fish and nutrients and filters and everything else you can kiss your vacation account goodbye. LOL happens to the best of us.
hope this is in someway what you were looking for.
Brandon

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

Biotope Tanks

3 posts