how can u make ur oscare grow faster ?

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

milky648

by milky648

my oscar is in my 10 gallon for now hes to small couse the others pic on him hes 2 " or 3" i dont wonna feed him every day but feed him every other day but is ther any food witch would make him grow a littel faster or just more food?

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

unfortunately there is no way to make a fish grow faster, they will grow like children if cared for properly they will grow big and strong, if not then they wont grow much and will be sickly the rest of their life. be patient he will get there soon enough and will be able to be put in with the other oscar with out a doubt.
Brandon

Serial324556

by Serial324556

If you don't have patience the only other way is to go to your lfs and buy one that is already full grown for like $30. Could be more or less I haven't looked at them in a long time. You need a fairly large tank for an oscar though because they are very messy.

prskiller

by prskiller

I fed my baby O three times a day and he went from 1.5" to 3" in a months time. It's now 2-1/2 months since I had him and he/she is nearing 5". Feed him 3 times a day and he will grow faster than feeding him every other day. I believe the first 5 or 6 months is 3 times a day then after that once or twice. I can't exactly remember it but just something I read off Oscar Fish Forum.

Yes you will need a bigger aquarium. Bare minimum is 55g for only one Oscar. I bought a 75g because it is a lot wider than the 55. My O likes to move around in there:)

milky648

by milky648

i have a 125 gallon but ive tryed puting him in and got beat up tahts why i put him in the 10 g i hate living him in there thoe ok well i ususaly feed every other day with him .

Mattallica874353

by Mattallica874353

When they are young is when you should be feeding them the most. When mine was small I few him often, but little at a time. It's much better than feeding him/her a whole bunch every couple of days. A varied diet will help him grow healthily. PLUS the more varied their diet is when they are young, the more likely they are to not be picky when they get older.

You will definately need to get him out of the 10 gallon in the near future or else his growth will be stunted.

milky648

by milky648

i know hes only in there bc hes to small my green terror was picking on him so hell come out soon

7 posts