OOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG EVERYTHING IS DEAD

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Deltasigpony3648

by Deltasigpony3648

Just kidding thought we needed some spunk in this forum

schigara

by schigara

I think most in my tank is dead. My PH was a bit low and a very trustworthy employee at Petco said I should add some buffer, so I poured in about 2 gallons of buffer. Things looked great for the first minute or so and then the fish looked like they were hungry so I quickly ran to McDonalds and came back and threw in two BigMacs..

Now my Xenia started looking a bit wilted so I poured in a quart of Iodine. I think now they were in too much water flow so I took out 1 of the 2 Maxijet 400's and things have calmed down a bit. I think the 2 maxijet 400's in a 75g was way too much.

The most baffling thing is with my SPS coral, I had a kick ass flourescent shoplight with 2 bulbs and the SPS still browned out so I went to Petco and got a badass power compact fixture but still didn't help. Must have been way too bright and shocked them.

Some people from these forums say I shouldn't have SPS coral or anemones before the tank is at least 6-12 months old.. What a crock! I had an anemone for 6 weeks before it died of natural causes. It naturally kept moving around the tank until it got sucked up into a powerhead. Heh, go figure. Must have been very old!

I bought a top of the line Seaclone 100 protein skimmer that pulls out at least a half cup of gunk every month and I only feed my 37 fish 3 times per day so I know my tank is clean and healthy. I think I need to get a full refund on all my fish, inverts and coral. They must be defective.

I have tested with all my 2 test kits which I still haven't really figured out yet but I can tell my ammonia and nitrites are perfect. Hell, the water is clear and smells ok so I know my water is great.

Also, I have kept freshwater tanks for the past 10 years so I know enough to keep a saltwater reef tank and know I am doing nothing wrong!!

amadeo

by amadeo

in my previous tank i used to own 3years ago i found my b angel floating in the top of my tank . i took it opened its mouth and did a mouth to mouth . i then squeezed her little chest with my two fingers . thinking something has to give . i did that 4 time than i placed two wires in my out let and held the plastic part and put the heads on its gills ." CLEAR " the fished coughed up some water and i quickly threw it back in it lived the longest of all my fishes . even after i traveled everything was dead but it still swam so i took it to the saltwater fish store. and till this day it swims there it doesnt get any bigger but its the healthiest fish i have ever seen only at times if you look closely you see it do sudden twitches .

another true story i have is i heard that its good to cycle your filter regularly as well so i placed two damsels in my previous owned fluval them being hardy fish ,and after testing water levels everything was top notch for months i didnt even have to do any water changes so every month i place a couple in there ...its does magic to your tank better than any bio balls

later ill tell you other stories but now work finished and im heading home

amadeo

by amadeo

who has seen this ... the best way to do water changes for your tank .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIoTKMa3zw

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Schigara,
I have some free BigMac coupons if you're interested...

schigara

by schigara

Heh cool, Thanks Dick

6 posts