feeding flam scallop??

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

samik

feeding flam scallop??

by samik

does any one have any good ways of feeding flam scallops. im using liquid zooplanktos-s. about how much and how often should i feed it....any suggestions..samik

schigara

by schigara

I have never had one but here is a link to a very good article about them.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/ ... toonen.htm

Everytime someone asks about Flame Scallop on ReefCentral, this link is always given.

noack214

by noack214

The Flame Scallop will "swim" through the water until it finds a dark and rocky area of your aquarium; here it can extend and secure its foot. Flame Scallops are filter feeders and prefer an established aquarium that has sufficient calcium in order to allow their shell to grow.
These creatures feed by drawing in water and extracting food through a specialized filter.
zooplank is fine i also have 1 and hes been alive for over a year

samik

by samik

so than do i even need to bother tring to target feed....or can i add a cap full or so a couple of times thoughout the day. only have two filter feeders:flame scallop and kenya tree

dick_headers

by dick_headers

Right, do not target feed flame scallops. Either zoo(better) or pythoplanktons are fine. Just put some in the water at let it dissolve.. Watch your aquascape when you deal with fs. They can knock your loose rock off the top.. Yes, they did that to me once.

feeding flam scallop??

5 posts