Too attached already.

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

ChristinaBug2890

Too attached already.

by ChristinaBug2890

Well I started off with some tiger barbs (6) in my tank a few weeks ago just to see how well I could manage and they're getting along exceptionally nicely. Verry happy, active, and entertaining. The problem is I'm getting attached to them and I dont think I can get rid of them to add the other fish which would not be compatible with them. They're such interesting speedy little buggers. I dont know what i'll do.

miami754

by miami754

Looks like you will just have to start up a new tank. Multiple tank syndrome - here we come.

spongebob4460

by spongebob4460

what are the other fish you are adding? and what size tank?

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

welcome to the addiction, there are those who are hobbyists and those that are addicts the difference is how much money is left in your bank account at the end of each month.
Brandon

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

I work in the psychology field and one of the primary differences between a user and an addict is whether or not your drug of choice has caused you consequences, such as family members leaving, spending money you needed for something else, like food, losing your job, losing friends, obsessing, etc. :) I'm new too, but went straight for addict. :) I fantasize about a "fish room"...I've only seen pictures...sigh.

Zambize

Poetic_Irony2267

by Poetic_Irony2267

i can honestly say i've never lost a friend to my aquarium addiction, however it has gotten me into some trouble with my partner, lol spending too much money on plants, compared to how much money i am saving up for vacation..... lol wooops well it happens... oh and for the fish rooms, i have set up several over the past few years, one room with tanks in three of the four walls and a 75 gal all glass coffee table tank... it was awesome, was like swimming with the fishes without getting your feet wet. of course the client had more than ample money to spend, one wall was cichlids, the other planted discus, and the third was cavernous cichlids and the coffee table was set up for his three prized lion headed oranda. :-) i will probably never set something like that up for myself as the maintenance alone is too much... he does all the work himself except the install and cycle, had to shore up his floors and create util closets for each tank and for the table i had to install recessed waterproof outlets in the floor so i could hide the wiring. what a project.

Zambize4899

by Zambize4899

Man wanted his tanks...

Too attached already.

7 posts