food for kole tang

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

samik

food for kole tang

by samik

i know that kole tangs eat hair algae and stuff like that but do i also need to give him other food as well??samik

snowboss

by snowboss

theres a product called seaweed salad......if the tangs run out of stuff to eat in the tank you might want to have something like that around for them and for variety...........Boss

dick_headers

by dick_headers

All tangs appreciate meaty suppliments as well. You can feed em every or every other day, with small amounts. Brine or mysis shrimp are great solution ( frozen or fresh).Let your live rocks provide the main food source. They immune system will be more stabilized. Brighter colors, better appetite,longer, healthier and happier life.

samik

by samik

thanks for the insight. how long do u think it will take before he is comfortable enough to eat. just got him yesterday...samik

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

if you have ample food on your live rock.......and he was eating off of live rock at the LFS i would just give him time....im assuming you bought him for a purpose {i.e. keeping the live rock clean} so like most any animal, lol including humans, he will eat whatever is tastiest and available.............so........if you feed him food other than whats on the live rock he may like it and never touch the rock........please don't misunderstand what im saying, you will need to suppliment his diet from time to time......but as DH stated, let the live rock be his main source of food.......tangs and angels {from what i have read} can take quiet awhile before acting "normal" so patients is the name of the game, just kep an eye on him so he doesn't get sick or anything....good luck, Boss

eazy4647

by eazy4647

damn...thank god i read this post lol. man my coral beauty which is an angel. wasnt eating too much..well not at all. for quiet some time. not even picking at the LR. now i give him brine shrimp and a bit of flakes and he devours em. lol ill try now and slow it up a bit and let him have at the live rock. lately i seen him pick at it more often.

samik

by samik

thanks for for the tips. i will hold off of trying to feed him and let him take out my hair algae. thanks....samik

food for kole tang

7 posts