55gallon saltwater tank

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

newfishman07

55gallon saltwater tank

by newfishman07

how easy would it be to set up a 55gallon saltwater tank..the only fish i want are maybe a few clown fish and a couple of the blue fish with the yellow tails, sorry i dont know the proper name?

javahava82

by javahava82

a bit of a broad question; a lot goes into planning a tank. it's a lot of fun, but requires some planning. here's an article which might help as a start:

http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/saltwater_tank_system.php

newfishman07

by newfishman07

thanks for the info...i think i will stick with the freshwater...

stephen

Re: 55gallon saltwater tank

by stephen

how easy would it be to set up a 55gallon saltwater tank..the only fish i want are maybe a few clown fish and a couple of the blue fish with the yellow tails, sorry i dont know the proper name?

i have just recently set up a 55 gallon saltwater aquarium. it is pretty easy to set it up but is very costly. you have to get a proper light, filter, protein skimmer, and heater just to get the water going. but if you are willing to spend the money then it is very easy. but you have to get the water going and runn it for a couple of days just to see if you can keep up with the salt level. then you have to get a couple of small cheap fish witch is what i think you want. they are 5-6 dollars a peice and are very hardy so they can survive harsh condition. then after about 2 weeks you can add your clownfish and then you will have a nice saltwater tank. i started mine about 3 weeks ago and i have a clown, 4 diferent kinds of damsels, and 30 lbs of live rock. it looks great and i am going to feel safe adding a nice 40 - 50 dollars fish. it is a great idea to start a saltwater tank. it really isn't hard to maintain. you just have to be consistant. i have experience with both fresh and saltwater and saltwater is definatly better and worth the money. it is also a great conversation peice. hope this helps.

newfishman07

by newfishman07

thanks for the info, but i think i will stick with the freshwater tank, i am not home everyday so keeping up with a saltwater tank would be kinda hard

ci11337

by ci11337

"thanks for the info, but i think i will stick with the freshwater tank, i am not home everyday so keeping up with a saltwater tank would be kinda hard"

It's nice to see a fishkeeper who knows their limits.

55gallon saltwater tank

6 posts