Stumped

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

Snowboss4492

Stumped

by Snowboss4492

.....i have a water appearance, not so much a water quality issue.......... i have been switching over to RO water from straight tap water for about a week now....no large high impact water changes....just top offs and regular weekly 10% changes....all total I'm estamating there is 8 gallons of RO in a 20 gallon tank so far......my problem is that the water looks as if there is "smoke" in it ..... all cloudy and rolling around, like i said parameters are perfect {even bought another test kit to prove my exsisting one} but this smoky stuff is driveing me nuts.......

could it just be the RO reacting with the tap water? is the RO "ripping" the bactieria in the tap water? is it..............well, what is it?????

The Pimp has never seen anything like it, so i'm poseing it to everyone else....comments, questions, ideas?????

Snowboss

angus4481

by angus4481

do you have glass versa tops under ur light? try cleaning ur bulbs or tops

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

no i don't have a glass top....i built a custom cabinet top and the lights are about 5 inches off the top of the water..... i just looked - -they aren't real bad but there is some splater on the glass cover...i'll pull the light out of the top tomorrow during maintinence and give it a good cleaning...thanks for the tip, Boss

Stumped

3 posts