Dream tank set up

29 posts • Page 1 of 3

Member introductions and random (non-aquarist) topics.

Snowboss4492

Dream tank set up

by Snowboss4492

OK people.......the Snowboss is in the planning stages of building a new house {hopefully breaking ground by the 3rd week in April} that being said...I am building a tank into the wall with a tank room behind it - - - what I would like to hear are some ideas from everyones expierience and/or "if i could i would do this" type ideas.......... im thinking about a deep sink, extra tank for quarentine, premix salt tank above the display so i can just gravity water into the tank during water changes, sink close enough to syphon water from the display into it .....NO MORE BUCKETS, woohoo !!!! lol -custom electrics with switches for everything, custom pipeing with multiple valves for routeing, RO right there at the tank etc etc etc - ideas ????? Boss

serial32

by serial32

Maybe build a 1500 gallon in the basement with a shark in it. You could feed him children from the neighborhood.

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

tank room great idea al.is this going to be a reef or fowler setup?i would have the electric outlets above all tanks for starters.if its a reef you could add a small tank above the main display for copeods ect. natural food...if you can find one of those big blue barrels you could run your ro water system in to that.with a top off switch it will stop water from over filling the barrel . then in your sump you could add one of those top off switches and a pump in the ro barrel to top off main tank.since you are building the house add a drain in the floor. you could put a tee with a shut off valve on the return pump going to the drain in the floor. not only that but if there is ever a flood the drain will save the day..

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

all good points ...i like the drain in the floor idea...even with a sink in there......keep em comin

Boss wonders if the Pimp will come "pimp my shack" for a small fee of course...LOL

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

or small dogs when they crap on my new floors Serial....maybe even a cat or two

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

i will pimp it let me know when. help pay for some gas you need a tank anyway..

sakamoto23

by sakamoto23

Im a beginner, i really love saltwater fishes, Pls help me build my own saltwater aquarium in a 20 gal.size aquarium.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

we can all give advice sakamoto - - -first of all what do you have other than a 20 gallon tank? i.e. lights, filters, skimmers, access to live rock, live sand, foods etc etc - --although an extremely beautiful hobby, compared to fresh water salt is very costly as well....so be sure your prepared to invest time for learning, maintaining and money for supplies................and before you go much further...take it from someone who started and has a 20 gallon salt tank....if there is anyway on this earth ....try to get a bigger tank to start with 30 gallon minimum - -it will save you huge headaches down the road..................well ive said enough, start fireing us info and we will help all we can ....welcome, Snowboss

Serial324556

by Serial324556

sakamoto23 you may want to start a new thread in the saltwater forum. You will probably get more help there and it won't gum up this thread.

Peterkarig3210

by Peterkarig3210

Check out http://www.garf.org/news25p2.html#HUGE and look for plans on construction of a 140 gallon and a 500 gallon in wall reef tank with price lists and directions. I don't know how to link directly to the directions for the 140, 500 gallon, but you can prob find it if you look. Itgives directions for building a tank that's mostly plywood and has a front of glass. I think tank I looked at was approx 3/3/9 feet.

Dream tank set up

29 posts • Page 1 of 3