ro vs ro/di water

11 posts • Page 1 of 2

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jeff

ro vs ro/di water

by jeff

is there a diff between them and would I be wasting my money buy the ro/di system. If anyone is intrested,I have a friend that got this system real cheap on the net, I will post the site asap. In the long run t would be cheaper and I hear its good drinking water as well

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

it's absolutley good drinking water ...i have to hide the gallons of RO i buy at walmart because my girls drink it on me...lol as far as RO vs RO/DI id have to say it's one more step purer ....needed? can't really say Dionization would be for a specific type of water if i understand it correctly, if you don't have that type of water , then its money that could be spent elswhere in my opinion, Boss

jeff

by jeff

thats what I thought as well

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

i believe the extra chamber increases the rejection rate in which you are trying the reach 100% (ideally)

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

in my future home my setup is going to be in my basement and behind the tank is going to be an ro/di unit pumping water into a food safe garbage can, so you have large amounts of water available for top offs and water changes, For now 5 gallon buckets with water conditioner is the system i am using. Still living at home lol can't get as crazy as i want...in due time.....

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol i hear ya man ....I'm in the process of getting a couple acres with a small one bedroom house on it from my family....I'll be adding a 2 story adition to it ....already have the tank room designed into the living room with at least one tank in the wall, contemplateing two [one on top of the other...then all the equipment and ready water and a couple qurentine tanks can be in the room and not seen from the rest of the house......

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

sick.....i want to be able to look into another room through the tank..man...i need to get on the ball and start investing because i also want a gym in my basement..lol shit gotta be patient

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

boss if u start using ro water and notice less problems, i will immediately switch...The only reason why i still have no live stock is because i am going to puerto rico on 4/3 and i dont want my live rock to cycle whiile im gone and come back to an algae bloom and disgustin tank...so ive just been reading on everyones progress on the site...if you notice people are killing off fish here and there params were overall within the correct range..now all being well as far as Am No3 no4 ive noticed more experienced aquarists will ask you whats your temp and ph. Ph and temp can tell you a wealth of information, and changes could be a result of many factors that you might not be measuring.

Snowboss4492

by Snowboss4492

lol.....all in good time man . . . . im rebuilding from a 250,000 dollar lose in a nasty divorce about 6 yrs ago........im sitting here in my little 2 bedroom rental, married to my highschool sweetheart, wondering how im gonna fill the equipment with fuel this week looking at my 20 gallon tank...and ive never been happier......never lose sight of self man ...take it from someone who did

WOW didn't mean to sound like Yoda there............FISH ROCK !!!! there thats better
snowboss

FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

by FRMNUTN2SUMTN4672

who knew life gems came in a fish forum..thanks dude lol

ro vs ro/di water

11 posts • Page 1 of 2