setup for 1st planted tank 20G

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

vostric

by vostric

Thanks in advance, I just bought a 20G tank and im wanting to set it up as a live plant aquarium for various fish, im looking for info on which soil,substrate and plants to use once all that is done then I will figure out what fish I want to use and also what nutrients I should be looking into. again thank you in advance.

kate_kuhli

Re: setup for 1st planted tank 20G

by kate_kuhli

I would choose either Eco-Complete or Flourite as a substrate. Both are very popular with aquarists. I don't have a strong preference, but I think a lot of people prefer the Eco-Complete.

There's many nice small plants that would be good in a 20G. Nana anubias, micro sword, wisteria, java fern...you could probably add a few others in there. I always recommend java moss too, just because I think it looks cool and it's so easy.

vostric

Re: setup for 1st planted tank 20G

by vostric

im going with the Eco-Complete for my tank how many bags would you estimate for my tank, I have my heater which is 100W, and my filter already, I bought 1 bag of the Eco-Complete should I buy another bag, and or what sand would you recommend for the middle of the tank to give it a nice clear open area in my tank?

3 posts