Copepods

4 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

sienna2018

Copepods

by sienna2018

We bought an in tank mesh fry breeder box hoping to use it now to help establish a good quality copepods colony for our mandarin dragonette & later as a breeder area if needed. I'm curious if anyone else has tried this or if we are crazy. My plan for now is to switch out live rock pieces in the mesh box weekly to allow the copepods to establish on each piece. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

clownfishgirl

Re: Copepods

by clownfishgirl

I think that's a great idea. Mandarins really appreciate live food and copepods are a good source of food for them. I'll be interested to read the replies on this thread because I've never actually had a copepod setup but I know of people who have (through forums) and would like to learn how to do this myself.

sienna2018

by sienna2018

We actually switched up our entire set up here recently because the breeder box was going to take too long to ship. We got a 15 gallon tank with an aerator and put all of our spare Live Rock in there. I just added about 3,000 pods to that tank to allow them to build a good populatuon. Once that happens I plan to filter out the live rock pieces into our big tank for the Goby. I'm anxious to see how this goes!

clownfishgirl

by clownfishgirl

Eeek, exciting! I hope it all goes well! It sounds like a solid plan to me.

Copepods

4 posts