Breeding paradise gourami

3 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

tiekacho

by tiekacho

I lucked out in getting a male female pairing when I brought home two paradise gourami. I have had these two for well over a month now and in this time I have watched them spawn two different times now with no sine of fry or even eggs coming out when they embrace. I am hopping for some advice on what I can do to get a successful breeding.

I absolutely love these fish and have done a fair bit of reading/research on paradise gourami. There behavior is fascinating and I will sit and watch them for hours, there names are Zaphod and Roxann and they get along quite well.

tetrafan

Re: Breeding paradise gourami

by tetrafan

I don't think I can really help with breeding advice - I've never bred paradise fish but I share your love for them and I like your two fish's names!

Was there supposed to be videos or pictures attached to your post? It looks like there is but they're not showing up :(

dutchaquarium

Re: Breeding paradise gourami

by dutchaquarium

Make sure your feeding your fish with a high nutrient diet, or live foods. Black worms i have found to be the best food for fattening up your fish and getting them ready for breeding. I would also treat the tank with a fungus medication even if you don't have that problem. The eggs and larvae are very vulnerable to anything at this stage. Also, check to make sure the male and female aren't actually eating the larvae and eggs. It isn't uncommon for them to do this the first few times or if they are stressed. I hope this helps. Don't give up, it's one of the coolest things raising fry.

3 posts