What cories do you prefer keeping?

6 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

billy_corycat

by billy_corycat

I'd like to get another species of corycat soon and am interested in what cories you folks like to keep.

Also what kind you currently keep or have had in the past, if you don't really have a preference.

atwoodokc

Re: What cories do you prefer keeping?

by atwoodokc

I have a black gravel substrate and I really enjoy how the albino cory's pop against that black background. Very active and fun fish to watch.

neonlights999

by neonlights999

Skunk cories look quite distinctive with their wide black stripe. I wouldn't mind a shoal of them. :)

shrimpin

by shrimpin

I have kept all types of Cories through the years and can't seem to find one I prefer. Lately I found a dwarf cory that is adorable. my favorite would probably be the Panda Cory for their personality. Right now I have 3-Pandas, 11-Albinos, 3-Peppers, and 3-dwarfs. It is one of the only types of fish that I have found to live peacefully with Shrimp.

duskyangel

by duskyangel

Do some species of cories have different personalities then? I always think of them as all the same except for their appearance, I don't know why but it just didn't occur to me that they might differ in other ways....that's probably silly now that I think about it, clearly tetras have different temperature requirements and some tetras are nippers and others aren't so much... Same goes for plecos, cichlids, barbs, etc. all being different in some ways. So I guess cories are like that too?

neonlights999

by neonlights999

I have pet cories now but I have no idea what kind they are! I need to find that out. But whatever they are, they're cute!

6 posts