[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
A spider plant? - RateMyFishTank.com

A spider plant?

5 posts

Discuss all topics related to freshwater and planted tanks.

kate_kuhli

A spider plant?

by kate_kuhli

Can I have a spider plant in my aquarium or would it rot/ruin the water quality? My mom has lots of spider plants, they multiple so easily and she just keeps them in water so when she asked if I wanted some of her extras I thought it would be cool to have them in an aquarium if that was possible.

justkeepswimming

Re: A spider plant?

by justkeepswimming

I think it would be alright if it was only the roots in the water. I think the leaves would probably rot underwater at some point.

kate_kuhli

by kate_kuhli

Oh that's right, now I think about it all the leaves on my mom's plants are kept out of the water, with just the roots covered.

tetrafan

by tetrafan

Yeah, that's generally the case with non-aquatic plants found for sale in the aquatic section at pet stores. The roots can be submerged and they can live and thrive like that, but the leaves cannot be submerged, so they're not fully aquatic.

friend_of_fish

by friend_of_fish

A spider plant?

5 posts