Please Helppp!

7 posts

Discuss all topics related to saltwater / reef tanks.

jav36

Please Helppp!

by jav36

hey guys
i just brought home a flame angel last night and put him into my 30 gallon. after a few hours i saw he developed a white blotch on his lips....after one night the white grew and covered all of his lips.

whats is this?? should i be concerned?? is there a cure??

thanks

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

Fungus (body fungus,mouth fungus,tail fungus)
Symptoms: Fungus is usually a fuzzy gray or white substance. It grows in white tufts on the fish's lips, fins, and can cover the body in fuzzy gray/white patches.

Treatment: Fungus is easily treated with Maracyn® medication. (Remove any activated carbon from filter-it may take medicine out of water)

it may be this i took it from the fish doctor hope it helps
swp

jav36

by jav36

thanks pimp lets hope he survives it

saltwaterpimp

by saltwaterpimp

jav36

by jav36

called my lfs and they said its stress related and it will pass

anybody agree with them?

dick_headers

by dick_headers

What else is in your tank? Is there any source of stress? (incompatibility, high water temp.,toxins,etc..) If it's fungus, Maracyn is a very reliable stuff, I tried myself with very good results. Didn't you just introduce an other tang or angelfish the other day?

jav36

by jav36

nah i held off on the tang for now and just got the flame angel and algae blenny. no ones picking on him from what i can see and his behavior is fine. he picks around and eats a small portion of food every feeding. my temp is fine and so is my water levels...i would think it is fungus but it doesnt have a fuzzy appearence

im gonna post a picture of him tonight most likely so if anyone can identify the disease please message me

Please Helppp!

7 posts